If your website is built on the WordPress platform, it’s a MUST to keep everything up to date!
WordPress is a constantly changing website environment. It’s the number one content management system that drives websites today. This makes it an attractive target for hackers and others with malicious intentions. Since no code is 100% hacker proof, WordPress software is updated on a frequent basis as bugs and exploit holes are discovered. WordPress also uses a “plug-in” architecture that enables third-party developers to add software components that add functions that WordPress does not have built-in. These helper applications are also updated on a regular basis. Many functions of updating WordPress are automated. This is wonderful, until an automated update breaks something. This is why you need a WordPress professional who will watch over your install, keep it up to date, keep it secure and who knows what to do when something goes wrong. Just as you encourage home owners to maintain critical comfort systems for efficiency, safety and peace of mind, you need a professional watching over your website.
Here’s what needs to happen every day!
- Uptime monitoring, ensure your website hosting is up and running
- Monitor when automatic updates are installed and ensure the upgrade has not negatively effected your site
- Manually update any plug-in, helper or theme software when needed
- Monitor security breach attempts that can cause performance problems
- Spot performance issues that can cause users to leave your site
- Monthly scan for broken links (fixed when able, reported otherwise)
- Ensure regular backups are working
Monthly maintenance plans start as low as $110 per month
- Contract requires automatic payment each month by credit card, annual discount available
- You can discontinue the plan any time by emailing us before the monthly renewal date
- Monthly report emailed to you
Better to be safe than sorry!
Building and maintaining a website is a lot of work. For some, the temptation is to set it and forget it in regards to their website. What’s the worst that could happen? The list is long and the nightmare is horrible if you have problems and no one is in charge of getting the site fixed. An ounce of prevention is truly worth a pound of cure. Complete and submit the form below or contact us to discuss website maintenance and care plans. Phone us at: 651-639-1947.